November 6, 2010

Happy Halloween!








I have to say, i particularly enjoyed this years :) I love that my kids are getting to the age where they really put their own thought into what they want to be. I used to pick their outfits for them and they would be thrilled. Not this year!

This year Gracie got it in her head that she was going to be a witch fairy. Not knowing what that looks like we got our inspiration from Aunt Christas blog. Gracie decided she wanted it to be more of a colorful witch than a fairy really. I have to say her imagination of what she wanted turned out pretty cute. She of course had to have jewels on her face like Aunt Christa did. They kept falling off and frustrating her. Her hat kept blowing off so all the pictures i have of her she wasn't smiling. She was so worried about her outfit looking perfect. Poor child, she is such a perfectionist!

Colyn took the boys this year to get them cowboy outfits. Matching their shirts and hats and boots! It would have been so cute. Problem is that was a month before halloween and Conner lived in those boots and the hat for all of October so by the time Halloween even came he was tired of the idea. Good thing we had some back up outfits from previous years. He thought it was pretty cool to be SKITCH (as he called it) for the night! He said to me "MOM, I bet everyone will say....Conner is the cutest boy i've ever seen in the whole wide world!!!" In fact i think he asked our bishop if he thought so :) He is a cutie thats for sure! Jaxon made sure he was authentic and dirtied up his face for the occasion. He was very proud of the fact that he really looked like a cowboy, not just pretend.

Oh and Liv makes a cute lady bug! She melts my heart.

It was such a fun halloween and I wish we could have seen all the cousins in their outfits! I hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween this year!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! They all look great. I really wanted Malia to be a cowgirl with Isaac too. Of course she was more into the princess idea. Gracie did a great job and looks adorable. Looking at her, I was fast forwarding a few years in my mind when
    she'll be wearing make up and you just watch out! You're in for it! She's beautiful! We're so excited to come see you guys!Only 2 more weeks and we'll be on the road! (You guys will all be sick of us before too long!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson is such a little Colyn~ As far as the picture, I am not balding and hopefuly soon we will have some decent ones to actually put on this thing!

    ReplyDelete