July 23, 2010

If a picture is worth 1000 words.....what would this picture say?


So then, what does this picture say? Not sure if you can see me too well in this photo but I literally had water dripping off of my chin, hence the reason I look very unhappy. To start this story off then! It was an overcast and cold Monday morning at Legoland! This was one of the first rides we went on and my kids were so excited to get to go on this ride and shoot the water guns! I wanted Colyn to go with them, but no! He suckered me into it somehow. Right as we were about to get on the ride I turned and asked the boys that were operating the ride if I was going to get wet! They said only a little bit! Okay then, I could do this. Nothing to worry about. Doing my best to dodge every little splash of water, about halfway through the ride I wasn't the least bit wet. Then I see her......glaring at me with this smirk on her face. Straight out of the stix from Oklahoma Im sure. Red frizzy hair and over-alls, how could she not be? On top of that she looked like trouble, and immediately it made me worried as to why she was staring at me with that expression. Then......it happened. This ride at the very end was lined with spray guns that the observers could spray at the ones on the ride. So she embraced the opportunity to soak me, and soak me she did! There she stood at the the first gun and started spraying me right in the face. Not kidding, she had really good aim. Thats when I noticed how incredibly slow that boat was actually moving. Did it stop there? No!!! She then moved to the next gun, and the next, and the next! Seriously? It took everything I had not to yell at her but for the sake of my kids I didn't. Thus the picture. This was me, soaked and very very mad. Mad at that awful lady and at Colyn. Of course I had to be upset with him too! He was the one that talked me into going after all. Gracefully, I put on a happy face (after this picture of course) rung out my hair with paper towels and pretended not to be freezing cold for the rest of the day. However, I will forever curse this ride. And that Lady, wherever she is. So, take this as a warning and never ever ride this ride. And if you do, don't appear to be a total priss trying to avoid getting wet or some trouble maker might soak you!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't say anything to this mean lady. What a horrible experience. I just can't get over this lady. It at least will be a story to tell for years to come, crazy Oakie (I can say that cause I have roots in Oklahoma:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think Colyn paid that lady to soak you!! Your favorite mother in law:) sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gotten her back! Now she's gonna go after some other innocent girl! haha I'm just imagining you telling me the story again. I loved hearing it in person. So funny! But I would have been ticked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm laughing so hard right now! Don't you think it'd be kind of fun to ber HER on the sidelines spraying some chick who didn't want to get wet?? Come one, tell me it wouldn't be just a little bit fun watching them helplessly not be able to do anything about it!!!!!! I would like to have seen Colyn just watching it happen! I absolutely love your description of her too! So glad you guys had such a fun trip! Miss you

    ReplyDelete