June 15, 2010

Quote of the Day!

I love this....and far too often I find myself with this sort of
attitude or mindset. I am thankful for all of my wonderful
blessings, no matter what my struggles are. I have amazing
kids and the most wonderful husband, who I love to pieces.
Life is good, regardless of the bad!

“One’s life…..cannot be both faith-filled and stress-free.….

“Therefore, how can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say, ‘Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share Thy joy!’ …“Real faith.….is required to endure this necessary but painful developmental process.”

Elder Neal A. Maxwell

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, do I ever relate to this quote ! I know that we all do. I have a cute little wood sign that says " Faith makes things possible, not easy " It's SO true. And we do often find ourselves claiming to have faith, but then we get upset by the trials we are given. Well, it's just like this quote says - you really can't have one without the other.

    Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass this is so true! The word experience does not mean happy or good times, it also represents sorrowful, hard times that help us to grow! As we well know =) Real Faith! I love that. That is exactly what we need. Love you. Can't wait to see you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete